Thursday, October 2, 2014

Technology Thursday! Website Week- NBC LEARN

Hi there! Linking up with Teaching Trio for Website Week in the Technology Thursday Link Up!

This linky is an awesome one to keep up with to learn about new technology resources! 

A new resource that I have come across is NBC Learn. There are oodles of high interest videos that could be incorporated in the classroom. What caught my eye to this site in the first place is the Science of Football section. I have been working on a little "Football Science" mini-unit and came across this site while working on it. The Science of Football section has information about force, motion, healthy eating, and more! Also, with each video are lesson ideas! Coolness. This could be a great introduction or review of science topics. #reallifeapplicationsrule

Another section that I particularly like is the "Writers Speak to Kids" section. Numerous authors have little videos about the craft of writing. Mo Willems is on there (um hello, awesome!) Judy Schachner, Ridley Pearson, Doreen Cronin, these are authors of the books you use to teach to the craft of writing, how cool is a live interview talking about the process? This is a great resource for Writing Workshop and I'm totally pumped to implement it! 

Have you heard of or used NBC Learn before? If so, let me know in the comments! If you know of another killer resource, let me know too! I LOVE hearing from you!




Pin It

6 comments:

  1. This looks great! Thanks for sharing. I just discovered your blog. It's so bright and adorable! DId you draw the apples and pencils?
    I just went to go link up to Technology Thursday and I was going to write about NewsELA too! It's the BEST :) I use articles from it every week. I guess I'll have to think of a new technology tip for next week!
    -Katie (you newest follower!)
    http://thepawsitivepencil.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cool! Thank you for the compliment! Yes I drew the apple and pencils :) I'm so happy to have you as a new follower! YAY!

      Delete
  2. Hi Bridget, This looks like a great website! Science of football...I hadn't thought about that! We are doing force and motion in the next couple of weeks. Can't wait to use this source now! And...the author interviews! That will be fun to watch even for the teachers!!
    Thank you for the great tip!

    Carrie
    i Heart Second

    The Think Aloud Cloud

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I was so pumped about the author interviews too!

      Delete
  3. This looks great! I have a group of boys who are REALLY into football this year...they'll love the Science of Football videos. Thanks for linking up!
    ~Kristen
    Teaching Trio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! My little football science activity is taking me forever to finish, but I'm giving it to my followers on TPT for free so follow me there so you can get it in your inbox when it is finished!

      Thank you for the awesome linky! Love it!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! Teach on, teacher friend!