Sunday, October 26, 2014

Florida Teacher Blogger Meet Up

Good Morning! I woke up on the Blogging side of the bed today! Here is a pic of me writing this post and sipping from my new coffee cup from Treat by Shutterfly!  Keep reading to hear about the Florida Teacher Bloggers Meet up!

A few weekends ago I had a super amazing time at the Florida Teacher Bloggers Meet Up! It was great to meet some of the teaching ladies that were previously just my instagram and blogging friends! It turns out that they are real life living breathing fabulous people! It was kind of like a giant blind date! 
 My day started off bright and early with a little drive from West Palm up to Orlando and get this- I was out of coffee! I couldn't wait to get to Blue Bird Bake Shop to try out their fair trade coffee!  This shope was so cute! A great place to blog and have a yummy treat!  Aren't those paintings adorable?
 Honestly, if only experienced Blue Bird Bake Shop it was worth the drive. They were so generous and were one of our fabulous sponsors for the event. Jeff Lambert was super nice and told me a bit about the shop. They've been around for awhile but opened their shop in 2010. Look at this amazingness:

THE Salted Caramel Brownie that puts all other brownies to shame
They are famous for the delicious cupcakes but they have even more yumminess like the salted caramel brownie that made me forget every other brownie I've had in my life. This brownie is the brownie. If you live in Florida, please go there to get this brownie. For $2.95 it was HUGE and big enough to split (although I, um, may have devoured the whole thing myself).  If you read my October Currently you know that I am focusing on salted caramel this fall in lieu of pumpkin (its important to be focused right?). Therefore, when I saw this brownie at the register it was like it came to me from the divine. And it tasted like that.

Anyhow, I got on the road brownie-filled and coffee filled with the delicious cupcakes in tow and couldn't wait to meet my teacher blogger friends. 

The teacher-hosts of the event are pictured here
PICTURED Left to Right: Tammy from The Space Coast Teacher, Lisa from Learning is something to Treasure, myself, Melissa from More Time 2 Teach, Mary from A Classroom Full of Smiles and Amy from Learning Lessons with Mrs. Labrasciano.


I had the pleasure of meeting and hanging out with some fabulous people! It was so great to meet Meredith from Creativity to the Core and Elyse from A is for Apples.  We all chatted about teaching, different grade levels, the LAFS (aka common core standards minus one). We talked about balancing writing and teaching and how we just can't get it all done! I felt relieved that I was not the only one that felt this way. It looks like teacher bloggers can do it all, but in fact they can't!

These mini cupcakes were amazing from Blue Bird Bake Shop. They were so moist and the icing. Oh my goodness. Pictured here are: strawberry, pumpkin and ch-chocolate. I tried them all and trust me, you need them in your life. They have a Cupcake Happy Hour on November 7 from 5-7 where all cupcakes are $2. Stay up to date with Blue Bird Bake Shop through their 
Instagram: @bluebirdbakeshop
Here Melissa from More Time 2 Teach , Elyse from A is for Apples,  Leigh from http://theappliciousteacher.blogspot.com/The Applicious Teacher and @SecondGradeParade are enjoying the yummy cupcakes!

How cute are these t-shirts from TeacherShirts.com? This would be such a cute class gift!

This pretty bracelet is from PaperVirgo. Love this pretty color!

It was a fabulous day and can't wait to reunite with these girls again soon! 

If you want to see more pics on instagram check out the hashtag: #floridateacherblogger2014 and #floridateacherbloggers

Happy Sunday!



Pin It

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting! Teach on, teacher friend!