Monday, July 14, 2014

TPT Conference- New Friends & Exciting Things to Come!


 Linking up with A Burst of First to share my Las Vegas Experience! 

Before the trip I stopped by Barnes and Nobles and picked up #Girlboss which I highly recommend! Its the story of sassy Sophia Amoruso and how she turned a tiny ebay store into a $100 million business with 350 employees.


All packed up I was ready to go!

I had an incredible time at the TeacherspayTeachers Conference in Las Vegas this past week. I met so many wonderful people. I was super nervous because I was attending the conference by myself and when I got there it seemed like everyone already knew each other!

It didn't take long to meet some friends. :) I first met the sweet Tanja from Journey of a Substitute Teacher! I recognized her right away! She was really friendly and I met some other friendly faces, so it eased my nerves!

It all took place at the Venetian in Las Vegas where we first heard from Deanna Jump, Amy from TPT, and Paul the TPT founder. It was so moving and inspiring. Deanna was adorable in sharing her story. I even got to meet Paul!

Shopping at the Forum Shoppes  I found this tee at H & M
and it totally reminded me of my lunch with Nicole Shelby and Joey Udovich. They were so sweet to let me join them for lunch! I had a great time chatting with them and our lunch was delicious! (Doesn't it look like I'm holding an orb in the photo? Weird!)

Other highlights from the conference were meeting Rachel Lynette, and Lindsay Perro from Beyond the Worksheet. I'm still glowing from the whole experience. :)


On Saturday I enjoyed spending time exploring Vegas with Ashley Schroeder from Schroeder Shenanigans in 2nd and Courtney from Ramona Recommends. We went on a little adventure looking for a book for "Travel with Ramona Recommends" and we had a tricky time finding a Vegas book! Read more about the wild goose chase this Tuesday on Ramona Recommends blog!





Stopped by the fabulous Paris Hotel"for a cappuccino on a break from book hunting!


I left Vegas with a bunch of new friends and some great ideas! Look forward to starting a new blog link up that my followers will enjoy! It's called "Giveaway Groupies" and it will start this Saturday! It will include giveaways and tips around a seasonal theme! Check back and look for this image:



P.S. In Vegas, checking out the Bellagio Conservatory is a must! (Thank you Aunt Ellen for the suggestion!)


Bye Vegas! See you next time!





Pin It

4 comments:

  1. It was SO fantastic to meet you, girl!! :) You are fabulous <3

    Ashley
    Schroeder Shenanigans in 2nd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed teacher-sister friend! Love your enthusiasm- contagious! :)

      Delete
  2. Ahh it looks like you had a great time. I wish I could have met you, you seem like such a fun person. By the way the apple you made is adorable.
    2 Smart Wenches

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE YOUR post! Thank you for the shout out! You are a doll!
    Courtney
    Ramona Recommends

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Teach on, teacher friend!