Friday, October 25, 2013

My First Five for Friday Linky Party

Woohoo! Happy Friday! Linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching to share 5 random things from this week!

1. Invention projects! My students are busy working on their inventions to solve a problem. I am loving this unit I purchased from One Extra Degree!This 2nd grader is working on an invention to help his sister go to sleep on time!
2. One of my 3rd graders is doing her Inventor Research project on Jack Andraka, the teenager who developed a cheap and easy test for pancreatic cancer. His story is so inspiring, check it out on his TED talk.

3. EBAY My classroom this year is smaller since I am a "resource" teacher. Therefore, I've got to get rid of a lot of my stuff. There's no room for centers and games, so I'm selling a lot of stuff on ebay. Gotta make room!
4. Cubsta Coffee from Brooklyn Water Bagel. This is one of my favorite things. If I was Oprah, I would pass them out on "Favorite Things" episode waving my arms and shouting "And you get a Cubsta Coffee... And you get a Cubsta Coffee!" The ice cubes are made out of coffee thus no more watered down ice coffee!  I tied it into my inventions lessons this week as an example of an invention that solved a problem. (See what I did there?)
5.  I'm obsessed with these pumpkin cookies. If you don't know, now you know. Link up with me on instagram with delicious pumpkinness.
Happy Friday! TGIF
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited to have found your beautiful blog! Newest follower. Looking forward to future posts.
    ~ Kristin
    This Old Art Room

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was my first Five for Friday link up as well! So glad to have found a new blog! I too love pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Teach on, teacher friend!