Friday, August 2, 2013

Currently August

Greetings! Can you believe August is here already?


I am especially excited this year because I have taken a new job at a brand new school! I will be a K-2 Gifted Resource Teacher. I am really pumped because the school, the staff, and the administration is fabulous! I feel incredibly lucky to have this opportunity and I can't wait to get started!

I am linking up with Farley's Currently Linky to discuss what's happening!
 
Listening I'm loving Fitz and the Tantrums right now and can't wait to see them  along with Passion Pit, and Two Door Cinema Club this Fall.



Loving My new job! I think this is the perfect fit for me! I am so excited to get started and meet all new people! I love that my job will be to keep my students thinking critically and creatively all day long!

Thinking  Lately, I have been having fun creating classroom decor sets for many teachers. (And yes, I do take requests!) But now seeing as it is August 2nd, I need to start designing my own! I am doing a Creative Thinkers theme for my classroom. It will feature famous great thinkers and lots of lightbulbs and bright colors. So far, I have sketched some lightbulbs that will be featured in it. I will blog about it when I'm finished!

Wanting Our school is still finishing being built so I literally cannot go into my classroom. The building is scheduled to be finished next Friday. I can't wait!

Needing to go to the grocery. Okay, I'm going to, I promise, right after blogging, pinteresting, writing, drawing, making crafts for my classroom. I'm on my way.

B2S Must Haves
Coffee- A definite must-have, plus it's a great way to reach out and meet a new friend. "I'm going on a coffee run, do you need one?"
A Fresh Planner- I can be a little scattered, so it's imperative for me to keep an up to date calendar. I already put the report card dates, professional development, and days off in mine!
Knowledge that it'll all work out- My thought is "I've done it before, I can do it again." Every year I feel a panic a few days before the first day because I think I really may not get it together, but every year it comes together (and usually aesthetically pleasing). So I have to tell myself: Don't worry, you got this!

Don't forget to reach out to the newbies at your school, and on that note:
How do you take your coffee, teacher-friend?

I take mine black, hardcore style.








Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Love your B2S #3!! So true!

    Laura
    msritter35.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and I need to get together. We almost have identical Currentlys!! I am also moving into a new school. Granted mine has been built since November, my classroom hasn't been used yet. So I am super excited to get in there!! COFFEE and knowing that it will get done, those are the best B2s I have seen!! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, sounds good to me. You're not in south Florida by chance?

      Good luck with setup!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the new position! Isn't it great to be able to do what you love!?

    And I love my coffee with Stevia and creamer! Thanks for asking!

    Andrea
    Reading Toward the Stars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so excited and lucky!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! Teach on, teacher friend!