Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Liebster Award Nomination

Wow! While I was vacationing last week I come home to find I've been nominated for the Liebster Award. How fun! I was nominated by these wonderful blogging friends:



Ms. BBZ 
First Grade and Flip Flops 
Owl in a Vowel Tree 
Creating a Thoughtful Classroom 
First Grade Wolves 

The Liebster Award is designed for new bloggers to share about themselves!

 To accept the nomination, I must: 
1. Link back to the blog that nominated you

2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers

3. Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator

4. Share 11 random facts about yourself

5. Create 11 questions for your nominees

6. Contact your nominees and let them know you nominated them
Lori from Owl in a Vowel Tree asks:

1.    Crunchy or Smooth peanut butter? YES
2. If and when you create things for your classroom, what program do you use? Powerpoint!
3. What is your favorite color combination? It changes frequently, but right now I'm digging coral and teal.
4. What is your most favorite subject to teach? Writing, hands down.
5. What is your favorite restaurant? Yu-Mi Sushi Restaraunt. Their Tokyo Love Story roll is the best thing I've ever eaten.
6. If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why? I'd like to fly so I can save some money on traveling.
7. How long have you been teaching? I taught second grade for 4 years and 1st grade gifted for 2.
8. Did you have another career before becoming a teacher or have you always been a teacher? I've always been a teacher.
9. Who is your favorite adult author? Children's book author? Children's: Patricia Polacco Adult: Jenifer Weiner
10. Do you like scary movies? I do, but I can't sleep so I stay away!
11. What school supply can you just not live without? Sharpies!
From Wallis at First Grade Wolves:

1. Where did you go to college? Ohio State University (Go Bucks!)
2. What is the last movie you saw? Flight
3. What is your favorite product on Teachers Pay Teachers? My favorite product that I've made is: Wacky, Fun and Definitely Silly Poetry Book
My favorite product that I've bought is: Election Fun with Grace and Duck We used this for the election this past year and it was such a great unit!
4. What is the hardest thing about teaching? Lack of professional treatment
5. What are your hobbies? running, drawing, writing, reading, and swimming
6. Are you an indoor person or an outdoor person? I think I'm pretty outdoorsy.
7. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween
8. What is something you want to make for your classroom this year? I'm working on classroom decor sets that are unique.
9. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Italy
 10. Do you cook?  If so, what is your favorite recipe? Yes, bbq shrimp flatbread pizza!
11. What is your favorite place to shop? CityGirl consignment store
From Ms. BBZ:

1. What is your favorite lesson to teach? I love teaching similes and idioms!
2. What is your perfect "teacher outfit"? A sassy dress, statement necklace or earrings, comfortable shoes.
3. How you spend your Saturdays? Bagels at my favorite bagel shop, writing, and maybe brunch with a friend if I'm lucky!
4. What is your favorite color? It's always changing, but right now I'm digging yellow.
5. What do you eat for breakfast during school? Coffee and Nature's Valley bar. Every. Single. Day. 

From First Grade and Flip Flops:

1. Describe your teaching style in 4 words. Alive, Creative, Entertaining, Authentic
2. What do you like best about your school? The technology that we have available.
3. What is your favourite teaching tool that you could not live without? Books!
4. What is your favourite subject to teach? Why? Writing, because I love turning a non-writer into someone who won't put down their pencil to line up for lunch. There's nothing more rewarding.
5. What advice about teaching could you pass on to a future teacher that you WISH someone had told you? Be sure that you want to commit to it and have another career choice in mind if it's not what you think.
6. What is your nickname? (If you have one?) Or if you didn't have one-- what are the names of your pets and why did you choose those names? My nickname is Bridge, not too exciting!
7. What is your best trait? I'm creative.
8. What is your worst trait? I'm worrisome.
9. If you could be a superhero, what would your name and super power be? I think Hardcore Teacher is a pretty good superhero name! My power could be passing on knowledge with a spell!
10. What era do you wish you could have lived in? Why? The 20's. I'd like to be a short-haired sassy flapper.
11. Who was your favourite teacher in school? Why? Dr. Carrie Schoekelhoff, my literacy professor. She walked the walk and talked the talk. I looked forward to our 8 hour classes every Friday in graduate school!

From Creating a Thoughtful Classroom:

1. What's your favorite thing about teaching? Looking at the progress from the beginning of the year to the end. The funny things kids say is also up there!
2. What's 1 thing you learned about yourself from blogging? I need to be more organized.
3. What's your favorite movie? Mama Mia
4. Where would you go on a dream vacation? Why? Greece, for the views!
5. Name a quote or saying you try to live by. Deserve your Dreams
6. What's the most important quality in a friend? Honesty
7. What's your favorite hobby (non-school related!) Reading
8. What's the most important quality for a teacher to have? Patience
9. What's your favorite meal? Sushi
10. What's your favorite school day snack (coffee, chocolate)? Coffee

11 Random Facts about Me
1. For my own reading, I (almost) solely read nonfiction books.  
2. I like my pizza with pineapple.
3. Sushi is my favorite food.
4. I'm an Ohio State Buckeye.
5. I like to paint.
6. I'm a travel junkie.
7. I LOVE live music.
8.  I've worked on an organic vineyard.
9. I was captain of my high school basketball team.
10. I'm ESOL endorsed, gifted endorsed, and ESE certified
11. As a child, I used to give my brother and sister tickets for good behavior. I also kept a small library in my closet that even had a checkout system.


My Nominations (So Far):
Marcy at Searching for Teacher Balance  I've had a lot of fun following her on instagram and now her new blog! 

My 11 Questions:
1. What college did you go to?
2. What is one of the funniest things a kid has said during class?
3. What's your favorite subject to teach and why?
4. If you could be anything other than a teacher what would you be?
5. What's the last song you played on your itunes/spotify,etc.?
6. What would be your last meal choice?
7. How do you take your coffee?
8. Do you watch the Bachelorette? Who do you predict will win this season?
9. What is your Go-To after a bad day at work?
10. What's the best thing about being a teacher?
11. What is your favorite product on TPT (one you've made and one someone else has made)?        
 



 
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed learning more about you. Crunchy and smooth...yes! I love it. Jennifer Weiner is one of my favorites too.

    Wallis
    First Grade Wolves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love peanut butter! Thanks for nominating me!

      Delete
  2. Phew! You had a lot of work answering those questions!
    Greece is definitely worth the trip :)
    By the way, I LOVE your blog design- very creative!
    Karli
    Creating a Thoughtful Classroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes, I intend to get there soon!

      I really appreciate it as I've changed and tweaked and on and on!

      Delete
  3. Bridget,

    Thank you so much for the nomination, I am so grateful!

    Marcy
    SearchingForTeacherBalance

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Teach on, teacher friend!